Because Every Girl Deserves at least one Dress

Sewing One dress at a time.
Because Every Girl Is a Princess and Deserves at Least One dress.


Monday, February 21, 2011

Just some of My Thrift store finds!

So I Love scouting around the thrift stores  to see what they  have I can use for dresses. But before I leave  the House I print out the colored flyer from the Official Dress a Girl Around the world Website and My own Info too with a List of Donations needed.

A Couple of weeks ago I visited  Crossroads thrift store in Montandon PA , and showed them the flyer and explained what we wanted to do on a local level to do our part. And she said " Here's a Box fill it with what ever you see in the store you could use"!
How Great and generous is that. Thank you Marilyn Lenker Director your amazing so this is what I found this time.
I say this Time because she said I should come in Once a Month and fill a box ( wow). Now who said there isn't great people out there. Just goes to Show It Never Hurts to Ask
Girls shirts,Sheets, valances,and fabric to add to t-shirt dresses
 So I head to the H.U.F discount ( thrift ) store in Milton and ask the same questions. The Manager said will we don't really get sheets etc and when we do we throw them out as they are in to bad of a shape to use.I asked her about Little girls shirts but she said she didn't really Get Many of those either  OK?
She took the flyer and said she would read it over. So I scouted the store and found some little shirts which I bought. and I can't wait to add cute little skirts to them all my stash of  9 shirts came to 15 dollars so not too bad.



So then I headed to another Thrift store in Milton American rescue workers. I showed the flyer there etc. But she need to ask her Director. So she has my info, so we will see. I was able to pick up 4 pillowcases and a King size sheet for $6 dollars though and the Sheet has a cute ruffled edge that will make cute dresses.
Here's the mistake today I forgot that there is a difference between a pillow Sham and a Pillow case. Shams tend to open in the back and are sometimes Padded in the front So don't really work for the dresses. Oh well I bought some brand New Shams for $3 Guess I should change the color scheme in My Bedroom LOL


Well I think I have enough supplies to Make Many dresses. And  for any of you Local friends, I will be Having regular get togethers at my house for any of you that would like to Help.  The first big  One will Be Feb 26thEmail me if you live in the Northumberland PA area and would like to come.

2 comments:

  1. What I found out to do on the shams is to make baby pillowcase dresses out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Cheryl. I was thinking I could use the fabric for something like the dolls.
    but the baby pillowcase dresses are good.
    Except these ones are padded on the front So I can"t use them, Just some of my eager Impulse thrift store buying LOL I guess I will use them on My bed

    ReplyDelete