Because Every Girl Deserves at least one Dress

Sewing One dress at a time.
Because Every Girl Is a Princess and Deserves at Least One dress.


Monday, March 28, 2011

My Addiction got the better of me! oh my aching Back

So here is something I don't reccomend.
Sitting on the floor cutting.
Let me tell you about the events of  my last few Days.

So I gathered up my fabrics on Thursday and sat down on the floor and started cutting some dresses out. Before I knew it 2 hours had gone by. Then there came my problem. I  stood up and my back was aching and just not feeling great. So I had dinner then laid down on the couch. Then  I went to move a heavy laundry basket into my daughters Room. So I lift it up and promptly dropped it and cryed out in pain. As pain shot down my leg and up my back.
So I slept on it ( not very well) then was very tender. But had already planned to go to a friends house for a couple of days. And thought I would be fine and the break away would be good for my mental health.
My friends kept telling me how pale I was and I just kept on going taking Aleeve and  wearing Bengay pain patches on my back. I kept thinking if I sit a while, then walk awhile, then lay down a while all will be good.

Well to cut a long story short my friend who rode with me, had to drive me home in my car .
Then I finally got to the Chiropractor Saturday night ( who is a family friend) . And He was shocked I survived the weekend. I was in bad shape. My body was pretty much in shock that was why I was so pale. He also said he is often dealing with clients  especially around the holidays as they sit on the floor and wrap presents.

So let this be a lesson to all of you .
One look after yourselves first. So you are then in a position to help others.
And the biggest thing DO NOT SIT ON THE FLOOR FOR 2 HOURS CUTTING.
So here I am laying around and trying to take it easy for a couple of days. No sewing for me. But who said you can't lay flat on your back and thread elastic in Dresses:-)

2 comments:

  1. The addiction is still alive and well. Plus putting in the elastic makes it way easier for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch... hope you're feeling better.

    Thank you SO much for stopping by my site and joining in the tote bag giveaway. It was lovely to 'meet' you and get to know you a little as I browsed your blog.

    I want to wish you well in tomorrow's draw. In the meantime, here's wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places!

    ReplyDelete